This is a long overdue post considering on April 18th I said “I put my Pac-Man in my house today!” on Twitter. 🙂
Its final resting place is all the way up against that back wall. But I like this picture with Grandson and Grandpa playing side by side. 🙂
When I got it, it had garbage on the screen. Here is a list of repairs.
- Replaced Fuse Block + fresh fuses.
- Flipped the Z80 Sync Bus Controller card so it would stop blowing fuses!
- Replaced multiple RAM chips to clear up screen garbage.
- Replaced sound transistor to restore sound to the game.
- Reattached heat sinks to overheating chips on the lower portion of the board, to solve overheating color and behavioral problems. (Used thermal grease… I haven’t checked to see if that’s holding or not yet.)