Space Station is one of two non functional pinball machines I picked up for at a Garage Sale about two months ago (the other is Comet). I decided to start with this one because it is at least partially playable. 🙂
Here is a list of issues I have discovered.
- Player 3 Display is out.
- Display Power Supply voltage problem (+/- 100v = 120v/-130v).
- Left Dock Kicker (does not kick).
- Top Pop Bumper (does not bump).
- 2 balls get kicked into the launch bay (at the same time).
- Right Flipper is sloppy.
- Right Dock gate installed backwards (not allowing the ball to escape).
- Stuck switches (x 5).
- Rubbers need replacing.
- Plunger power barely/not always enough to get ball to top of playfield.
Player 3 Display / Power Supply voltage problem
[6/20] I believe I will need to rebuild the +/-100v section of the display power board. If the missing display functionality is not restored, with the correct voltage applied I will have to buy a new display (e.g. Pinball Life).
Left Dock Kicker
[6/22] Coil gets 80v of power; does not fire in “coil test” mode nor “in game”; further coil would not fire when shorting to ground. I removed the coil, and it has continuity to both solder points, and it tests at about 4.2 ohms of resistance. I don’t know if the coil is bad or not, but I suspect it is bad.
Top Pop Bumper
- Misc. bulbs out.