Inspired by Jeff Rothe’s post, I thought I should share my top WordPress Plugins. In addition to this blog, I also keep a private blog about my family. The family blog of course has photos and video of our kids.
- 404 Notifier: Provides an RSS feed (or Emails) of 404 errors. After all you cannot fix broken links if you don’t know they exist! Install this and you may be surprised what you find.
- Auto XFN-ify: Adds images to the links in your blogroll based on your relationship with that person. See the links on the right side of this page. (Note: I created an unauthorized update to this plugin, which adds a few missing relationship icons.) Update (Dec 8, 2009): The author of this plugin released his official Auto XFN-ify 1.2 update which includes my updates.
- Lifestream: Displays your activity from various social networks. (Like Friendfeed, but hosted on your domain.)
- Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu: All admin links available in a neat horizontal drop down menu. Saves lots of screen real estate!
- Ozh’ Better Plugin Page: Adds a little sliding plugin list and buttons to toggle display of Active/Inactive/Out-of-date plugins to the “Manage Plugins” page.
- Push up the Web for WordPress: When people visit your website using an outdated browser, a subtle upgrade link is shown at the top right hand corner of the screen. They can click this link to visit the upgrade website for that browser, or choose to be reminded after a time you specify.
- WP-Gallery-Remote: Allows you to integrate images from any Gallery installation (http://gallery.sf.net) into your posts/pages.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags: Easily embed videos from various video websites such as YouTube, DailyMotion, and Vimeo into your posts.
- WP-o-Matic: Enables administrators to create posts automatically from RSS/Atom feeds.