Update #1: Garage Monitor Memory Leak: Part 1.
Update #2: I should point out that the arm on the switch I ended up using bent so it stopped working after about a month of use. I really need to figure out a way to mount the magnetic switch instead. I added a rough parts list to the end of this article.
This project uses a switch and temperature sensor connected to a Raspberry Pi (revision 2 board) to provide the state of the garage to a personal web server. This allows my wife and I to check the status of the garage via a bookmark on our smartphones.
This is the first circuit I have created a circuit board for. I am proud of the results. 🙂